Expensive mobiles are sold more than ever. The iPhone is almost entirely to blame

  • 12

Mobile phone sales in the “premium” segment (PVP above 400 dollars) shot up last year, according to data from CounterpointResearch. The iPhone is once again the absolute protagonist, leading in sales in all territories and reaching a 60% market share in the segment. A figure that had not been reached since 2017, with the launch of the iPhone X.

Also noteworthy is the growth of Chinese firms such as OPPO and Vivo, which grew more than 100% in the premium segment in 2021. The global picture continues to lead us to Apple as the leader and Samsung in second placealthough the South Korean giant registers a drop in global share.

Apple unstoppable, Samsung falls and the Chinese grow

Exhibit 1 Premium Penetration 1024x851

the premium segment accounted for 27% of global sales of mobiles, the highest figure in history. At OEM rate, Apple continued to lead the marketreaching a sales quota of 60%, a position quite far from the rest of its competitors.

Forxjs3wyae5s8j 1

Apple, unbeatable in sales of premium terminals.

Among them, Samsung falls from 20% share in the premium segment to 17%, despite the fact that sales of the Galaxy S21 were higher than those of S20. Being late with the S21 FE the lack of a Galaxy Note in 2021 slowed down, according to analysts, the growth of the company. OPPO and Vivo grew by 116 and 103% respectively, occupying the gap that Huawei is leaving to boost your sales.

Exhibit 3 Regional Rankings

Curious data segmented by country. The pattern repeated in Europe, Latin America and the US is that of Apple in first place and Samsung in second, with Xiaomi as the third actor in European territory. In the US, however, Google takes third place, the only country in which Pixels are relevant at the sales level.

Exhibit 4 5g Vs 4g

Regarding penetration figures for 5G versus 4G in the premium segment, in the last quarter of 2021 we talked about 91% penetration of 5G mobilesmainly driven by sales of the iPhone 13. Similarly, the remaining 9% of 4G mobiles in the premium segment are largely led by the iPhone 11 and SE 2020.

More information | CounterpointResearch

Mobile phone sales in the “premium” segment (PVP above 400 dollars) shot up last year, according to data from CounterpointResearch.…

Mobile phone sales in the “premium” segment (PVP above 400 dollars) shot up last year, according to data from CounterpointResearch.…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.